Sunday, October 22, 2017

Mood & Energy

The thing about me is, I can get knocked down by extreme disappointment and depression...but after the fog clears a bit, I can sit down and tweak my plan to give me renewed hope.

Yes, my weight is a CONSTANT source of frustration. My lack of strength and flexibility, too. I'm lazy, tired, sad...all the time. You name it. But here's what I can do about it.
  • Running intervals. I KNOW these do wonders for my depression. So why did I quit doing them? I thought maybe walking on the treadmill for 45mins, 4x/week, would be enough. Obvs not. Instead, I'll run my five intervals, then finish walking, during that same 45min time period, 4x/week.
  • Increase protein. I don't really like protein shakes, per se. But today, I mixed protein powder into my coffee. It's delicious! I needed a whisk to really get it dissolved, but that worked like a charm. Yay, more protein!
  • Silks. Gonna give this 8-class pass a proper go. My plan is silks class on Mondays. Lyra on Tuesdays and Saturdays. On Thursdays, I'll either have my private lyra lesson or silks class. That means FOUR aerial practice days/week. 
  • Sleep. I need to get more sleep. I plan to start going to bed a bit earlier and not watch TV in bed. Instead, read. I want to read more anyway. 

I'm hoping with this tweaked plan, what it will ultimately improve is my mood and energy. Without those, nothing else works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment