Sunday, October 29, 2017

Ball on Silks

Guess what? My period is due. Again. Everytime I turn around, it's here again. Yesterday's lyra was going awfully. I couldn't understand why. My straddles were hard. I tried that same sequence from a few weeks ago and bailed before mill circle; just couldn't bring myself. I also tried to get on video that new move I learned, tilted fold. But failed.

I spent a lot of time on back balances. Straddle back balance seemed to click, felt way more secure. My front balances, they're part of my warmup. And I was able to lift up and hold for three beats with no hand assist. In my private lesson last week, my teacher was complimenting my front balances, saying she has some intermediate 2 students who struggle with it. Lovely. So are these like my mohawks in derby? Everyone was envious of that skill of mine. But big whoop. It's not part of assessments. It doesn't make me a great player. So I can do a front balance well. Big whoop.

I took to the silks for a bit, to get ball on video. I'm jumping a bit still. And I just cannot dismount to lockoff, no matter how hard I try. But I no longer have to catch my foot. I sure hope this helps lyra ball.


After, I treated myself to some chocolates and a pedi. There's a chocolate shop in the same center as the pedi place, so I picked out my chocolates and got my toes done. The pedi place serves wine.


Chocolates
top row: milk chocolate salted caramel, peanut butter, espresso mocha, coffee hazelnut
bottom row: strawberry champagne, cookie dough, maple cream (my favorite), dark chocolate salted caramel

No comments:

Post a Comment