Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Starfish

Silks last night. It went super! The heat was still broken in the studio (from Lyra on Saturday), so it was painfully cold. I managed to get sweaty but still felt cold; it wasn't exactly pleasant. But I worked hard. I feel like single leg roll up is getting better. I won't bother with a double again until that single feels solid.

Biggest part of the night was pushing through the pain of flamingo arabesque. My teacher just told me to keep my hips open if I wanted, whatever felt right. It definitely hurt less and also I was able to pull myself up a bit to settle into the fabric rather than it pinching my inner thighs. It's still a bit awkward but coming along. So the next move from flamingo arabesque is called starfish. My best friend is visiting from out of town. She came to class with me, to watch from the couch. She likes to keep both feet on the ground. But she was available to take a picture. Better than the screenshots I take from video on my phone propped up on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment