Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Trapeze

So...lyra class last night was FULL! I've never seen that happen. It's January. There are resolutioners about at nearly every gym. But I was all set to do some kind of aerials. Should I go to lyra practice again, two days in a row? Should I go to silks class? Oh wait, I've been wanting to try trapeze. I think the universe is telling me it's a good day to try.

The teacher says this is the scariest move. She teaches it on the first class and then makes it part of the warmup, to diminish the fear. Smart. But it is a little scary. I refused to let go with both hands.


I tried ball. I couldn't flex my feet to get under, so I had similar awkwardness to ball on lyra. Check that dismount, though. I bring my feet to the outside of the bar and hold that tuck for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment