Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tribe

I've met many friendlies at my aerial studio. Friendlies is a word I came up with in therapy. The English language doesn't seem to have a word for someone who's not quite a friend but not quite an acquaintance, either. I meet a lot of people who are friendly with me. And a lot of pain in my life has come because I assumed they were friends.

I hear a lot of folks at my studio refer to the people as their tribe. Thus far, I haven't felt that. There is no tribe for me. But maybe one day. So far, no one has been able to handle even my lightest dark moments. They immediately shut me down with something pollyanna positive. It's typical of most humans. Most people cannot handle the dark. I live in it. So I know they couldn't really handle my truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment