Monday, January 15, 2018

Painful Beauty

I had the day off today. What do I like to do on my day off? Lyra, of course. I also did a bit of hooping.

Behold, the ugliest ball ever. BUT while I've recently been able to catch my foot on the super high hoop, I hadn't yet been able to on the medium-height hoop. Something about the height making it harder to catch my foot. But I did it today.


And then a bit of ball to the top, with some splits under the top, into clock splits. Very pretty. Too bad the sun was shining directly on the spot.


To end session, I tried ankle hang. I was wearing thick socks due to the cold. It just hurts so damn much. This is the quickest of screen grabs. It looks so cool, but it hurts so much. The painful beauty of lyra.

Additionally, my timed single knee cinches are 10 and 12 seconds, bad leg and good leg, respectively. I can hold a double straight arm hang for 60 seconds. And I even attempted a single arm hang. Could hold with either arm for a few beats.

Afterwards, I went over to that atrium space to try some hooping. I felt SO EXPOSED, so self-conscious. I hooped for a short bit then bailed. That is not an option when I'm by myself. It's a great space. But I need privacy. I felt so nervous, and when I'm nervous, I'm more clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment