Friday, September 29, 2017

DIB Profile Straddle

More progress! A tiny breakthrough! I finally got my DIB profile straddle (DIB=doin' it badly). My first attempt was not on video, I scared myself and drew the attention of the whole studio with my audible reaction. My lyra wife was practicing with me, and she thought maybe I'd hurt myself. Nope, I'd just jumped up into profile straddle, and since I'd never been able to do it before, I startled myself right out of it.


Here's one new move I learned recently, scorpion back balance. I can actually hold and let go for a few beats. I'm still on the low hoop, for safety.


Here's the other new move I learned. It needs a bit of polishing, but it's called popsicle, and it's pretty. Then I attempt inverted prow for the first time on the high hoop, yay!


A better view of that gazelle drop to knee cinch. I think I might feel comfortable enough to try this on the high hoop.


And for posterity's sake, a slight bit of improvement in pullover mount. It's the first time I've been able to touch my feet to the bar and almost brace against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment