Saturday, September 9, 2017

Scary

More lyra today. I woke up really looking forward to it. Those are good days. It doesn't always happen. But today it did.

I finally moved this to the higher hoop. It's like leg block, but on an angle. Self taught, so shh...don't tell my teacher. It's probably just a leg block variation. My favorite UK video of beginner and intermediate lyra moves calls this shooting star. Also, the dismount is from pullover. I'm TRYING to remain in shoulder lock off at the end, but I just can't yet. My body is too heavy and drops. But I feel it in all my back muscles from trying (even though you can't really see that I'm trying). Maybe one day...


Straddle back balance. I wasn't comfortable to let go. But as this was my first attempt in the higher hoop, I'm happy. Everything is scarier up there the first few times. I'll get there. Need to be balanced on just the right spot of my back, in order to let go. Also, the straddle inversion into it, I felt that abdominal push into stack, a bit. Never felt that before. I tried it again during practice and couldn't get it. But I think unlocking that consistently will be key.


And finally, mill circle (well, half a mill circle) into arrow. This was surprisingly hard, and I've been working on it a couple of practice sessions. I finally did it! It's a little scary but also feels a little bit like flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment