Saturday, September 23, 2017

High Hoop

I'm baaaaaaack! I shut my blog off for a minute. It's been a rough couple of weeks. If I thought Saturday was bad, Monday was the worst ever. The high hoop was stuck up in its pulley. I had only the low hoop. I stayed for about 20 mins before my brain exploded, and I went home. Nearly quit the whole thing with lyra. I emailed my teacher when I got home.

She talked me off the ledge.

They were able to get it down for Tuesday, so I went and had a great session. But some damage had been done to my brain. I skipped Thursday. Just couldn't face it. But back at it today. Back to the basics up in that high hoop, working through all the moves I know, in order of difficulty, getting comfy up there.

I got some video...

Here's cross leg mermaid. Even man in the moon is a little intimidating that high up, with a bigger hoop.


Gazelle into leg block...and if you notice, there's a girl off to the side taking a private lesson on silks. She's missing a hand. Badass.


and oops, my phone was propped up on the floor by the low hoop, and it slipped. But this is a drop I'm working on. getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment