Thursday, March 1, 2018

Praise

Does it ever get old? I say no! I'm so far out of danger of ever getting a big head. Hearing little bits of praise is just lovely. My teacher told me I had strong legs and also pointed out I have a strong core. I'd heard this from my derby coach, too. I'm like, how can you tell someone has a strong core? I certainly can't tell if mine is strong. But it was nice to hear.

We worked on a gamut of difficult stuff mixed with some easier stuff. I'm getting better at crossing my legs in ball inversion (under the hoop). I learned ball basically from silks. So no "lyra feet" necessary. Now I'm having to retrain my body to cross my feet in order to fit under the hoop.

Ball to the top felt better, higher. I still have to massively catch my foot. But the negative ball tucks are helping. Just keep practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment