Thursday, March 22, 2018

Intermediate

Ack! My lyra teacher promoted me to intermediate classes. Well, with a caveat. The next unit that starts in April is quite difficult, and she thinks it would be better for me to wait until the July unit. I was sort of speechless. I was like, but wait I'm not ready. She said she feels I'm a very well rounded aerialist, quite strong, with a lot of strengths that some of her intermediate students don't have. So while yes, some of my inversions are cheated, while a lot of her students can do them cleanly, I can do them well enough to be safe in class. And she's not worried about anything I'll learn in intermediate classes.
We went through what I'm still struggling with that is technically needed for promoting. Pullover. Got on video with her spotting me a tiny bit. I need to practice, no longer trying to finish the mount at any cost (i.e., catching my feet) but instead focus on that moment of weightlessness with my legs in the air, trying to remember to pike. Legs to face!
Then a mini sequence from shoulder stand to straddle back balance (which didn't feel very secure, need to practice this quite a bit) into bird's nest. She commented after that she wants me to pay attention to my straddle mount when I watch this video. She thinks I have it and need to now train myself out of thinking I have to jump.

I totally just registered for the first intermediate class, July 16, when the new unit starts. I just want to see it in my dashboard, reminding me that I get to go to intermediate classes now! Well, starting in July...

No comments:

Post a Comment