Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My Stupid Back

So, yea, I hurt my back a little bit on Friday. Not with weights, like last time. Well, not free weights. My bodyweight did this. I held a shoulder lockoff, overhand grip, with my pullup bar and planned to descend slowly. Wahoo, I can hold this! sometimes. On that descent, something pulled and hollered. I had thrown my back out. I was face down in my bedroom doorway, unable to move. My husband had to step over me to get in the room to fetch a pain killer. Except I couldn't sit up to chase it with any water, so I waited until I could.

Much ice, heat, and a painkiller later plus a few hours, I was sore but no longer in pain. I am so over throwing my back out. I decided to skip lyra on Saturday. I ran some shopping errands instead, and yet I had to actively stop my car from driving to the studio.

I also skipped Monday night. I'm no longer feeling any pain or soreness. I just decided to hoop instead. I have a couple of hoop workshops coming up. I'm really trying to improve my skills with my 32" hoop. It's quite difficult coming from my 37". And that requires practice. Besides, this week is class week. I have class both Tuesday and Thursday. Someone ELSE is going to tell me what to train.

Tuesday's class was a bit of a downer. Yea, I'm grouped with the more advanced students. But the teacher kept asking what we wanted to work on to promote to intermediate. I'm nowhere near, still, promoting. Yes, I can do all my inversions, badly. They're not passable. These girls were virtually promoted. I wasn't. It's just easier to not want what you can't have. To realize I'll be forever stuck in this inbetween limbo of fundamentals and intermediate. Thank goodness for private track, or I'd be so bored only working on fundamentals moves.

But tofu hook was fun, super solid with just one hand. Just wish I'd remembered to point my toes...


No comments:

Post a Comment