Friday, March 16, 2018

Fun Class

Lyra class last night was muuuuuuch better. I came prepared with some sequencing ideas, should the teacher ask us what we wanted to work on. But she also came prepared with new variations for us more advanced students to learn.

Fun sort of angel roll twist into front lion. I didn't get any video of this, I'll try Saturday. But it was fun. Funner on the double tab. I tried this on the single tabs, but I'm just not fully used to how single tabs wiggle, and it was hella awkward. Or it felt that way anyway.
Then this, vine climb roll with an extra roll. It's pretty fun.
And finally, gazelle to the top. I finally let go! And did it on the high hoop! I looked down at that crash mat and remember thinking, wow I'm high. I was trying not to hook my foot in the straps but still ended up with not such a pretty foot. Something to think about when practicing...

Final bit of interesting from the class...while I was waiting on the hoop for something, the teacher said to me quietly, how do you feel about promoting? I wanted to laugh in her face. I simply said, there's still so much I can't do. I told her I'm still catching my feet on pullover. My ball to top is still awkward. She did say the most important part of ball to top is coming out of it back to seated, which I pretty much have (except not so well in the above video). She said she'd talk to Katie about it, who's out of town right now on a modeling trip to Thailand. mhmm...I bet she forgets to talk to Katie about it, and there's nothing to worry about. The next unit starts in April, and it looks pretty hard. It has a pullover to the top. Even if she remembers to talk to Katie, I bet the answer is still, I'm not ready. Which I don't want to hear. It's like if you know you're fat, that's one thing. But if someone tells you to your face you're fat, that's hurtful. I don't want to hear the words, you're not ready, when I already know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment