Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sail Away

Silks was rough last night. Everything seemed hard, but I don't think I can blame my period. Not due for PMS for another week.

My teacher wanted me to try ball with no wrist wrap. I only got to single wrist wrap last time. And I could not do this. My grip is not strong enough without assistance on those little bits of fabric. I hate silks grip. Hipkeys were tough. I'm so over straddle on silks. 

Oh, and I take it back about russian climb. I don't like it. It's awkward to climb to the top, THEN you have to switch back to basic climb position to come down. I cannot hold on while I figure out some complicated reset of my feet. Nope.

Pose last night with silks wrapping around my thigh. I could NOT get enough slack to do this without more pain than my threshold could bear. And I endure a lot of pain for this sport. The teacher kept demo'ing. I'd get even more slack than she, and still my thighs are too big to get this. That flamingo arabesque pose, but she wanted my hips square, not open.

Not to mention, some of these beginner silks poses aren't all that pretty to me. There, I said it.

And silks just glaringly highlights everything I'm not good at. I'm not flexible. I'm not strong. I'm not thin.

I just...don't like silks. I'm bummed to have to say it. But I don't. I'm doing this because just doing lyra wasn't working well enough. I'm hoping this cross-training with silks helps. But damn, I wish it would go ahead and help already so I could quit silks. Once I get my lyra inversions, I'm dropping silks like a hot potato.

This pose is pretty, though. If way simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment