Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Pretty, not so much

Silks didn't go so well last night. I mean, it started out fun. As usual. My climbs are ever improving. Hipkeys. I even tried a straddle without the knot. It was ugly but doable. I tried basic footlocks from the air, starting to get these.

Then we moved onto poses. I just feel like I'm not meant for much pretty in silks. I'm not flexible enough for most positions. And my chunky body doesn't appreciate the fabric wrapping around tightly. I have certain levels of pain tolerance. Certain types of pain I'll endure more than others.

Poses that are a joke for me. Arabesque...there's this funky, flamenco grip to get into this. And it hurts my shoulders. I got into it once then had NO idea how to get out. I just stepped down. No other attempt worked. Then man in the moon. To get into this requires double leg wrap, plus a half wrap. And by the time I get to seated, the fabric is cutting off circulation at my ankle. Flamingo arabesque, the fabric squeezes my thighs so much, it burns.

My teacher could tell I was down. I was trying not to cry, trying not to look like I was throwing a tantrum, trying not to be a nuisance. We had free time at the end for working on what we wanted. I chose more basic footlocks from the air. It seems I'm only having fun with silks when I'm working on strength stuff. When I try to look pretty, it blows up in my face. So maybe next time...not sure when there will BE a next time...I'll ask the teacher if I can just extend the warmup. Work on climbs, hipkeys, and footlocks in the air. Maybe work on one new pose. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment