Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Silks

I tried a new thing last night. Silks! Mixed level class, very intimidating. I basically wanted to throw up waiting for class to start.

I didn't love it. I didn't like the grip. Way too tight. I went in with such hopes, thinking this would be a good cross-train for lyra, that maybe I could work on straddle and ball without a hoop in my way (ball is so hard for me to tuck under the hoop with my thigh and booty). If I had taken silks to start, it would have totally discouraged me from ever attempting aerials. I remember how my grip strength was lacking when I started. Silks would have been so much harder for me back then.

However, it's as if the universe wants me to continue. Today, I saw the studio released a 50% off coupon for the 8 week beginner class. It doesn't start until October. But I think I might take it. It's on Tuesday nights, which won't interfere with my lyra schedule of Mon/Thu/Sat. I won't have much rest after Monday, but I'd rather be rested for lyra.

Spent almost the entire class simply working on hanging, shoulder lock off, practicing getting into basic climb, practicing getting into foot wrap, for muscle memory. But when I actually attempted to climb, nope. Granted, by the time I was working on climb, my arms had been going for about an hour. They were about done. Here's the only pose I was able to learn.


What I DID enjoy was leaning back into straddle on the knot. I might ask my lyra teacher to work on this a bit. So I can actually get a FEEL for what it's supposed to feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment