Friday, July 14, 2017

Rest

Lyra practice last night. Maybe not the best decision. I was immediately sore and tired, from Wednesday's private lesson. But I was so eager to work on new moves and maybe get video evidence. The evidence is clumsy. Cuz I was tired. I really need to rest at least a day in between sessions.

DIB straddle is back. I'm kicking up here, not jumping, which (to me) looks better. And I hover for just a moment and then can gently put my legs into the hoop. It's not quite voluntary, I can't hold this position for more than a moment nor can I shove up into stack. BUT if I can get this consistent, I'll at least have an option for mounting the high hoop without hurting my ankles. I really hate attempting straddle when I'm going to crash into the hoop. THIS, I can live with. For now.


Here's Amazon, much improved. With a transition to front lion. A few more tries, and I might be brave enough to try this in the medium hoop, maybe even incorporate it into sequence.


And here's Angel. Clumsy. My legs were pretty banged up and tender. This will take some time in the low hoop. This is why I practice in the low hoop. I was also practicing that transition from seated directly into single hip hang, and I fell a couple times. But no big deal because I'm like a foot off the ground. The low hoop is for safety where I can push myself. I the low hoop

No comments:

Post a Comment