Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday Mood

One of the biggest helps for my depression is running. Not steady state, fuck that noise. But running intervals. I run for 1 min/walk for 2 mins. Repeat 5x.

Today was just awful, mood-wise. And I couldn't figure out why exactly until I realized, I hadn't done a run since LAST Sunday. It was so bad, I was convinced I'd skip lyra tonight. I decided to do a run to see if it helped my mood at all. It might not, I might still skip lyra. Oh well, if I skipped, I'd still have gotten a run in.

It didn't completely turn my mood around. But it took it from, fuck this I'm not going, to, what the hell else am I going to do with my evening? Good enough. Off to lyra, I went. Tonight was that lyra workshop I cancelled, so my usual 7:30pm practice time was cancelled. I had to fight a bit of traffic for the 5:45pm session.

Am so glad I went. I know I bore this blog with vids of my straddle. But it's so much improved. I kick back, no obvious jumping, and just hover there a moment. My stack is crap, my back is all curved, so much tummy. But I can hold the position a few moments before gently cinching my knees. I'll take it...

Check out this comparison, THIS is how much I've improved!

May 6 July 17

Slight improvement with holding a lock off in overhand grip. I think I may have gotten to "one miss"...progress from "wuh."

And here's a sequence I worked on tonight. It wore me out, but I felt so strong and pretty. 2:30 minutes is quite the endurance. The student showcase at my studio requires a 3 minute program.


And seriously, look at this screen capture. If I may be conceited for a moment. My right shoulder is popping. I feel like I can see a bit of abs through my shirt. It's just an awesome pose. (yes, my shirt says, you had me at merlot)

No comments:

Post a Comment