Friday, July 21, 2017

Amazon

So...the a/c broke at the aerial studio last night. It was like a fucking sauna. Seriously, cooler outside than inside. But I'm glad I went. The whole night was a bit of a struggle, with the heat. Girls were raiding the rag bin for wiping down mats, to wipe the sweat off their faces. Silly girls who don't need to regularly bring a sweat towel. I do. I bring two, actually. I sweat that much. Everyone else knew last night what it felt like to sweat as much as I do on the reg.

I graduated Amazon to the higher hoop. Can we just 'mire this photo for a moment? I'm not sure I've ever looked stronger or more beautiful.


Then I tried it, letting go with the free hand. It's sloppy, I was solely concerned with the free hand and nothing else. Then had a bit of a struggle to get back in, had to try twice. But I wasn't skert. I knew I wasn't going to fall. (And check out my straddle in the beginning, yo)


Also tried tofu hook. When I first learned this, I learned a bailout. Because it's hard to get back up into the hoop. I needed a safe way to get to the mat if I wasn't able to get back into the hoop. Trying this last night, I wasn't as concerned with holding the pose as I was immediately trying to get back in. But I can work on polishing this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment