Friday, July 7, 2017

Core

I went to lyra practice last night. No video. I spent the entire hour working on straddle. I did a lot of negative pullups and incline pullups and lower core work on the floor in between attempts.

I'm trying to stay positive. It's way hard. I was able to hold a shoulder lock off in overhand grip position at the L. Meaning, my chin wasn't over the bar, but I could hold the L in my elbow for a few moments.

And I also did a partial chin up (underhand grip). The hoop was slightly above my head, so it wasn't a chin up from straight arm, like with a pullup bar. And I couldn't hold my chin above the bar for ANY amount of time. But I was able to pull myself up and quickly drop back down. Without hopping/momentum.

That's progress.

And after gorging myself on videos, watching inverted straddle...they make it look so easy. Just fold up your pelvis above your head. When I try, I get about halfway and fall back down hard. My booty is so heavy, yo. So I'm hoping/thinking this is all lower core weakness. I can work on lower core. My plan is nightly, in front the TV, lower core.

I'm determined to get this. As long as my teacher says it's OK to continue going to practice time without going to group classes, I'm set. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment