Monday, June 19, 2017

Practice

Went to lyra practice tonight, even though I had class yesterday. What could it hurt? Well, my straddle done up and gone. Even fresh at the beginning, not even DIB level. Vanished. I might never get it. le sigh...

But I managed to have a decent session. Made some great progress on other moves. Like single knee cinches. At the studio, someone moved the bench I normally prop my camera on. So it's icky quality, but I'm so proud...first time getting the free leg out and back in, with no hands. On each side.


And then check this out, decent gazelle into single hip hang. I could actually let go and rest solely on that single hip. Woot!


Finally, my intermediate sheet move. Because I'm private track, and running out of moves on the fundamentals sheet, my teacher taught me this. I was finally brave enough tonight to try it on the medium hoop. Felt strong and secure and beautiful. Dragonfly. (Although perhaps in the UK, it's called Amazon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment