Friday, June 30, 2017

Nope

I've had a difficult week. Fighting off the sads. I went to lyra practice last night, anyway. I wouldn't say it was a mistake. But nothing went right, and I mean, nothing. The sequence I had been dreaming up for a week, nope. The new poses I learned Monday, nope. Straddle, nope. Even dismounting straddle slowly, nope.

The car ride home used to be a time of reflection and my own version of a pep talk for derby. It's the same with lyra. It started with, I'm going to go home and eat all the ice cream and drink a bottle of wine. I talked myself off the ledge, into an apple and a piece of cheddar and one glass of wine. I still ended up having the tiniest serving of ice cream, just to satisfy a little sweet tooth going on.

I also decided to shift up my eating patterns on lyra days. Recently, I went to lyra in the afternoon, forgetting to eat first. And I had a great session. I wonder if there's something to this fasted state. I'm going to experiment. Last night, I had mashed potatoes, pork chops, and BBQ sauce. Like two hours before practice started. Next time, I'm going to have my planned dinner as lunch, then either not eat dinner before practice, or just have my snack of an apple and piece of cheddar. I felt so heavy last night. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with what I ate or not. Can't hurt to try.

Here's my attempt at Amazon. Same issue as Monday, I struggle to get back into the hoop. I wonder if this will help my lower core for straddle? If I can lift with my core back in...

No comments:

Post a Comment