Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bird's Nest

What a wonderful weekend. I'm thoroughly sore. Seriously, everything hurts and I'm dying. But in quite a good way. After Friday's three hour hoop workshop, I woke up Saturday quite sore. It was an intense workshop, learned so much. Saturday was Lyra. My pregnant teacher is now on maternity, we have a substitute teacher for the summer. I like her. She's soft spoken but friendly. But she worked us hard, yo. Oh my. Plus there were only four students.

Best bit of the class, wish I had it on video. We started off working on straddle mount. My first one was almost perfect (for me). I did a small hop and just folded over, I didn't need to "catch" the hoop with my legs. Another student who's been coming to this class with me for months said, that was the best I've ever see you do that. Yayness! Of course, the subsequent attempts were not as good. But progress. I know I have it in me. Just gotta keep practicing, and it'll get more consistent.

Lots of candlestick and vine climb ups. Profile straddle, which I just don't have. I think I'll need to master regular straddle first. Profile straddle is just way hard. By the end of class, my arms were jello. But...a new move! Called bird's nest. It's a bit awkward getting into (best way is ball, but I can't do ball...yet); I'll smooth that out with practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment