Tuesday, June 27, 2017

New Poses

Private lesson with my favorite lyra teacher yesterday. We worked on a ton of conditioning moves to help my straddle. She thinks it may be more that I'm not engaging the right muscles at the right time than a huge lack of strength. Oh, don't get me wrong...I still need to develop more strength.

A bit of breakthrough with shoulder lock off in the overhand grip position. This...I just couldn't do. Not even for a second. How does one improve on something like that? She said, show me. So I did. She came around behind me and held my elbows down by my side, and VOILA! I could hold it. I think my straddle will greatly improve once I can hold a lock off.

Then she taught me two new moves. Wheeee! New poses! They are hard, naturally. They will take quite a bit of practice to smooth out. When I do, I will for sure share some video. They are called Amazon and Angel. I am noticing that the UK has some different names for poses than the US. What we call Dragonfly, they call Front Amazon.

Here, Amazon is like a more difficult Dragonfly. And Angel is like a more difficult Outside Mermaid.

Amazon Angel

I can wait to get to practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment