Friday, April 21, 2017

Unicorn

Yay for progress! Even if it's small. Like, I mean small. The TINIEST breakthrough on inverted straddle. Which of course we worked on. But I asked if I could work on it from dismount. I don't think it does me any good to try to invert if I can't even hold the position for even a moment. So I used my trusty side mount (getting pretty good at that, btw), then immediately got into position for dismounting via straddle.

Tried a few times. Nothing. All my bodyweight leaning against the hoop, so heavy. The last attempt, I kicked back and just paused there. My legs weren't correct, they were about halfway between straight up and where they should be. But it was something. I held it. This is progress.

I decided something. I decided that when I get this inverted straddle, my unicorn, I'm going to start talking to myself differently. I'm going to tell myself, there's nothing I can't do in Lyra. It's just a matter of training my body to actually do it. I might actually get this inverted straddle. And when I do, there's nothing I can't do.

Of course, I have no video evidence. At the end, I thought about getting video of me trying. But I decided not to. We were a full class. I just took a few moments to try again. And again, I got that kick out, incorrect position halfway down, but at least I held it.

Attempted a move called Arrow. Oh man, it looks amazing. I couldn't get into position, of course. Not yet. But when I do, that's probably gonna be my favorite pose to date. Also attempted a fold back mount into resting on the bar on my pelvis (like the dismount I did from front balance, where I just flip back over the bar). Of course, mounting was not happening. It was a little embarrassing, especially when other students tried to give me tips, telling me to jump. I did jump. That's my lame attempt.

Yea so...pretty much everything I worked on last night, I couldn't do. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment