Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Inverted Ball

No pics or video from Lyra last night. I regret that now because I learned a new dismount, and I should have gotten evidence of it. It's called Ball Inversion. Basically suspend upside down from hands with legs tucked up/ankles crossed by your face, then they tuck through between the bottom of the hoop and your body, roll out. Since I can't quite mount up into the higher hoops, I practiced this on the lower hoop. And since my hands are placed on either side of my legs (rather than in between my legs for inverted straddle), a bit higher on the hoop, I could actually clear the floor in position (my neck rests on the floor for inverted straddle). And y'all, I held the position. I'm upside down, my legs are not touching the hoop, all with my own grip strength. Then I could roll my legs through and down.

This means, when I can actually get myself up into those higher hoops, I've got the dismount down already. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment