Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Final Beginner Class

Tonight was the final class in this eight week beginner course. I'm so glad I did it. But I'll miss having Lyra on Tuesdays. I'm considering a Wed/Sat/Sun schedule vs Thu/Sun. That might require some schedule rearrangement. We'll see...

Momentum. Eventually the idea is to swing up and back into seated. But for now, this is what we learn. I'm just glad my grip doesn't give out as I drop down. I bought a pull up bar for the house, going to work on shoulder lock outs and negative pull ups/lowering down. No progress tonight with inverted straddle. boo.


Then a final class sequence that the teacher put together for us. I only had one chance to run through this. I really need to point my toes. Plus smooth out a new move, the climb back up into inside mermaid from foldover. Oy. And you can see my ridiculous attempt at straddle dismount.


I watched the other students, how easily they can do inverted straddle, how much prettier they look in these poses, how much thinner they are than I am. I didn't let myself get completely discouraged. But I couldn't help but notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment