Monday, April 10, 2017

Lion, again and again

Incredibly busy weekend. Two Lyra classes, plus...other stuff. Let's review Saturday...

Basically a repeat class. Worked on Stag, Lean Out, and Lion again. Review for me, new moves for a couple other students. I was able to polish it up some.


Sunday. This was a mistake, in hindsight. The whole day. A friend had asked me to walk the river trail with her in the morning. I thought, it's just a walk, that's lower body; lyra is upper body. The trail is seven miles. It was a beautiful day, and I enjoyed myself. But by the time I got to lyra class, I was a bit tired. And I learned something. When I'm tired, the worst thing is my inability to fight off discouragement. It just washed over me.

We worked on dismounting again with inverted straddle. But this time, we were able to use a slighter higher mounted hoop. We had to work a bit harder to get up there, but I was able to get up there by swinging one leg up onto it and hoisting myself up. I was able to get into full inverted straddle position. But guess what? I wasn't able to hold it. All my bodyweight was leaning on the hoop. As soon as I let go with my legs, they collapsed. So...no progress. Not even a little bit. I was just over it.

Then more review of the same moves. I didn't complain, but man, I did not want to work on the same freaking moves three classes in a row. But it was a little funner getting into Lion on a higher hoop. I could at least let my free leg drop straight down. I didn't bother with video. I was not in the mood.

Lesson learned. I won't say never again, no Saturday and Sunday classes in the same weekend, but I need to be well rested and ready to go if I'm going to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment