Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ugh, Meh, Ouch

Not a great lyra class tonight. Every move was something I either couldn't do or couldn't do well or hurt. Pullover? Invert yourself into foldover position, hip cinch. Right. I feel like I'm never going to be able to invert, in any way. It was like, jump as high as I can, collapse in a loud thud. Embarrassing.

Then single hip hang. My beginner variation was with a leg straight up, instead of down outside the hoop. But still, it HURT. I have dark bruises on my pelvis from working on foldover both Sunday and Tuesday. Hanging on a single hip hurt even more.

Momentum, this time from knee cinch. My teacher spotted me, holding her arm over my calves, but the idea is to tightly cinch the knees to hold yourself on the hoop...and swing. I did it a few times. She praises absolutely everything, so it's really hard to tell what I'm good at and what she's just saying I'm good at, just being nice. 

Another move called Sail. Standing in the hoop, holding the straps, turning around, and leaning out. This was just awkward and uncomfortable, hurt my feet.

Finish up with some "fun" spinning. I couldn't even do this. Supposed to balance on my pointed toe, other toe at knee, spinning the entire hoop around with you. But I don't have much point, and it HURT.

Nothing about tonight was fun or made me feel good about myself. Didn't bother with video. I'm trying really hard not to feel discouraged. Maybe some wine will help...

No comments:

Post a Comment