Monday, April 17, 2017

Single Leg Hooping

Progress. I went outside to do a bit of hoop dance. Have been feeling down, knew a bit of movement would (eventually) brighten my spirits. Three minutes in, it starts raining. boo.

I decided to work on two hoop split in my living room, with my 37" polypros. This is coming along, I think. I'm definitely further than I was, when I was just a hot, uncoordinated mess. It helps to close my eyes. What's happening is I can finally keep the waist hoop going, but the chest hoop is lopsided and knocks into the other hoop. Once that happens, they both fall. I think I'll get this eventually. Just gotta keep practicing.

Then I wanted to work on single leg hooping. I got my bigger 40" hoop for this. I worked on it for a solid 20 or so minutes. Toward the end, I was able to do it three times. Not well, but I did it. What is happening most of the time is the hoop drops below my standing knee. Keeping it above the knee is tricky. And the more I try to think about correct timing, the more I mess up. It goes better when I just pick my leg up when it "feels" right. I also tried just awkwardly spinning the hoop on one leg, free leg already out. I could maintain the spinning pretty well, until I lost my balance.

I don't have any video. I was in a tank top and undies. But one day, I'll have video.

No comments:

Post a Comment