Saturday, December 9, 2017

Tweaks

I hurt my back this week, on Wednesday. I was finishing up my second set of weighted hip thrusts. I was setting the dumbbell back in its cradle, 40lbs. And something happened. I froze, it hurt so bad. I've thrown out my back before, years ago. This wasn't as bad. But it was reminiscent. It subsided quickly and just remained as a slight tweaked feeling. Know that feeling? yea.

I did nothing Thursday, rested. Friday, I did my usual running intervals in the AM. And that fitandbendy video in the evening. I modified some of it, but the stretching really seemed to help. Today, I went to lyra. I wasn't sure if I should, but I'm so glad I did. Immediately into my hoop warmup, any traces of tweak went away. My back felt awesome. As I'm writing this, that little tweak feeling has returned a bit.

I saw someone do a pullover and use my cheat to pose with it. I decided to try. It's cool. Makes a cheated mount look somewhat intentional. At the end, you can see my struggle with ball. I just don't fit under the dang hoop. How the hell am I supposed to invert into it if I can't even fit to dismount out of it? le sigh...


And behold, a really awful attempt at ball to the top. But it's not totally cheated. I do get some lift to my ass, catch my foot, and fold on over. And my back is not super bendy in bent arrow, either. But this is an improvement, I think. It FELT like an improvement.


And then this, so pretty...

No comments:

Post a Comment