Sunday, December 17, 2017

Balance

I've decided to ever so slightly scale back my aerial training and increase flow art training. I recently ordered a baton. I've always wanted to learn baton. I had one as a child, but never did much with it. I lacked discipline big time as a child. All I wanted to do was play. Focusing on any kind of practice seemed like work.

Starting in January, I plan to utilize this open area space for hooping and baton, twice per week. It's free, open 24/7. It's minutes away from the uptown studio, so it's a bit of a drive. And it's a bit public, which is nerve-wracking, but I think there's enough private-ish space that I can jam out peacefully. Like when I'm at the ice rink, and I get paranoid people might be watching. It's silly, but it happens.

My hope is driving there will give me the structure I need for hooping. I'll think, I drove all this way, I'm going to make the most of it. So, I'll scale back aerial training to twice per week, not three times. That would be way too much driving.

Ideally I could do both in one day. But I don't see that happening. I see myself too tired from one apparatus and will just want to go home after. Maybe someday I'll have the stamina...

And stay tuned for new adventures in baton! Here's hoping I don't suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment