Monday, March 27, 2017

Spinning

Lyra was awesome yesterday! I adore my teachers. We worked on a variation of that inverted straddle, since I can't do it properly. I mounted the low hoop (my favorite), leaned back, and got into position. Now, it was so low, that my head was hitting the floor, it was kind of hard to get in exact position. But then I worked on slowly dismounting. And by slowly, I mean collapsing. But each time, it felt just a smidge more controlled. haha, it might not have LOOKED more controlled.

Worked on a balance type move, folding over the hoop with your pelvis and then pulling up and just balancing. I have bruises now on my pelvis. And my outer thigh bruises match nearly in both size and color.

Let's see, we also worked on outside mermaid again and angel roll. Oh and for warm-ups, we did situps from hocks hang. Damn! I was certain I wouldn't even be able to do one. But I did eight to start, then rested, did two more. Then my next round, I was able to do five, rest, five. I guess I got decent core. My upper body strength will come with time.

The best part? Leaving class and having the teacher pause for effect and say, really good job today.
And believing her.

Playtime. This is stupid fun. And look how long I can hang? That's improvement, right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment