Thursday, March 23, 2017

Outside Mermaid

Ahhhhh! Squeee! I needed a good lyra session. Did we work on inverted straddle? NOPE! But I did a lot of shoulder lock outs, anytime the teacher was occupied with someone else. My arms are like jello.

But y'all, I learned a wicked cool move. It hurt like a MOFO at first, until I learned how to do it quickly. Gotta do it quickly, or you're just resting on your IT band right on the hoop, and as the teacher warned me, you'll make a face and possibly make a sound. But once I got it, it didn't hurt anymore.

This is called Outside Mermaid. I've worked on Inside Mermaid. This is way prettier! Go me! (I also greatly improved Star, correcting my seated form, the hoop should be lower on my legs while seated. No more using my big ole booty to balance. Into star, I was able to get my foot back in the hoop without grabbing the hoop with my other hand or worse, grabbing my foot and putting it through the hoop manually. YAYness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment