Sunday, March 26, 2017

Bruises

My body is covered in bruises. This is nothing new. My body has had a bruise or three in some location for years now. I have very active hobbies that have objects or people bumping into my skin, often.

However, the bruise I'm sporting currently on my left outer thigh? Worst looking ever. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm quite proud of it. But no bruise in derby ever looked this bad. One time, I fell on someone's skate, like sat on it, and I ended up with an ugly grapefruit-sized bruise on my ass. But this, on my thigh? This is from Lyra. A few days ago, it looked like a pretty galaxy someone had painted on my skin. Today, looks like someone smeared old period blood across it. Gross, I know, but it gets the image across better. It's also swollen. And a new move I was working on yesterday re-aggravated it. Called Angel Roll. Hurt so bad, but I'm not one to let a little pain stand in my way. Nope.

When I hurt my knee last fall in derby, I kept skating. Every time I fell, dear gawd. I would sometimes be nervous about falling and work extra hard to use sheer brute force to keep my knee from touching track if I was going down. It's finally healed, thankfully. I think it was a bone bruise, which take forever to heal. I didn't have forever.

And this thigh bruise will heal, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment