Sunday, December 18, 2016

Twas the Fight Before Christmas

Well, I finally got to skate this. I went as a spectator four years ago. And have wanted to do it since. This was my chance. It was fun. I was nervous. I played well the first half, maybe not so well the second half. I'm hoping the photographer there will post some nice photos. Meantime, husband got these shots and video. It was his first time ever seeing me skate.

My first jam. I got goated. Guess I'll be practicing as jammer more often, to get better at getting through. But one of them got a multi player block while goating me. I legit said, BYE, as she skated off. Trash talk much?


One of the jams, I was pivot. And I got sent to the penalty box. I've never experienced this. Our practice scrimmages, we don't have a full bout production with refs and NSOs, so our penalty box is a carpet lap. And at my first bout, I didn't get sent to the box.


And to continue, the jam started with me in the box. I got some good hits to the jammer without going out of bounds. Even when the other team did a panty switch. That #69 is some amazing jammer. Is she B team material? HAHA not even close. But my guess is we didn't have a full roster of true B team skaters. Also, I get low blocked in this. The refs don't see it. And that voice you can hear hollering, "LOW BLOCK" from the fans? That's my lovely teammate. She skated on A team.


And then there was this little gem against us. Impressive. Definitely some A level badasses showing off. Hell, I would too.


Action shots! I'm the one wearing the gold helmet.






No comments:

Post a Comment