Friday, December 16, 2016

Rookie of the Year

Last night was our Team Christmas Party. Awards were given out. As they were being read, I began to lose hope I would get one. I tried to console myself. It's OK. I'm new. Most people don't know me well. Sure, I never miss practice (side-eyeing husband's birthday as the only missed practice). But it's OK. Breathe.

Then I heard Rookie of the Year. Ramblin' Roxy. Wait, that's my name! I was floored. Overwhelmed. I went from one extreme to another, disappointment to elation. And my emotions couldn't handle it. I kept it together until the end but then had to go find a back room full of coats to have a good cry in. I was verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.


And yes, there's a misspelled word. I find it hilarious. There are all sorts of memories that'll be wrapped up in that one misspelled word. And each time I look at it, I'll be reminded of that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment