Monday, December 12, 2016

still got it

Fresh meat practice last night. Meant to work on assessments skills. I'm glad I went. I could always use a refresher, since I'll have to re-assess in January. And that holiday bout is on Saturday. I needed the confidence boost.

Last time I attempted 27 laps in 5mins was July. That was toward the beginning of practice, after the warmup. And there were three of us on the track. I didn't have to pass anybody really.

Last night, after two hours of practice, coach decides we're going to try 27 in 5. Oy. I feel a panic bubbling inside. I didn't want to do it. In fact, the only other veteran skater there that night decided she didn't want to. She timed my laps instead.

I got 4:54. Woot! At first, I was like, darn I'm slower even with my new skates. Then I looked at the clock and realized we'd already been practicing for two hours. Not too shabby! Still got it.

I'm going to need to tap into some confidence from the last scrimmage a few weeks ago and last night, for Saturday. I'm hella nervous.

p.s. According to my attendance tracker (yes, I keep track of these things), last night was my 40th official practice with the league. I'm not counting cancelled practices or bouts or events. Actual practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment