Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Favorite Skater

OK. There's no more beautiful skater than Caryn Kadavy.


She is the reason I had to have brown skates in high school. I could watch her all day. She is and always will be my favorite skater. A favorite routine? I don't have one. They're all my favorite. Her layback position is just exquisite. She steps on the ice, and I get chills.

She really thrived as a professional skater. Not a ton of success or popularity as an amateur. But dim the lights, give her some brown skates, add lyrics to her music, smooth the curly hair...et voila! Perfection.

But in browsing videos of her skating, I came across this familiar piece. And whattya know? At 2:20, she does alternating 3's. I'm working on those and have gotten so much better at them. I seriously thought they would forever be impossible when I first tried them.

ah...to skate as lovely as Caryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment