Sunday, July 21, 2013

Meh

Every skater has good practice sessions and bad. Today was my turn for a bad session. I skated for 80 minutes. I worked hard. But nothing was clicking. 

Never fails...set the camera, finally start seeing improvement in your back scratch, get excited to watch, only to discover you double-clicked the record button and got nothing. *grumble*

Today's skate...meh. I was getting so frustrated with my lack of ability to control the back inside edge from a simple outside 3-turn. grrr. I'll never get that back choctaw step. I discovered I lower my back arm too much, bringing down my hip to the inside of the circle. I was correcting that by keeping that back arm higher. Nice, controlled edge. Then I tried it with the alternating 3's again and just could.not.do it.

Not much improvement on my scratch spins. My arms are still too high on the entrance, free skate too low, and not enough speed. Coach has been trying to get me to do this spin with the arms finishing overhead. Here's the best of the bunch:


Working on a spread eagle from back crossovers. ick. Needs serious work. And see how sweaty I am? ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment