Friday, July 19, 2013

Freestyle Video

Finally got some video of my skating. Basic consensus...I need to bend my knees more and keep my arms lower. oy. Like to the point of exaggeration, and then maybe it will look right. And work on controlling these open hips of mine.

Infamous alternating 3's...outside and inside. That back choctaw from my left foot to my right foot...I just cannot get this. I keep stepping down. Holding that back inside edge with proper check is a struggle for me. Hopefully the above corrections will help next session.



Scratch spin...coach is trying to get me to raise my arms above my head, but that is not going so well. So for now, traditional arms, but I'm still entering the spin with my arms too high.


8-step mohawk pattern...I love outside mohawks, but my backward inside mohawk needs work. Again, bending my knees should help.


Back to basics, I wanted to see my forward crossovers. They were actually feeling not so awkward while the camera was rolling, and they don't look bad. I guess I got lucky cuz they often feel awkward. Especially the clockwise ones. But I really need to work on holding the underpush.


And finally, a baby back scratch...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so envious of your 3-turns and mohawks. Sooooo envious!

    ReplyDelete