Friday, August 25, 2017

New Poses

Back to back lyra practices are tough. But perhaps necessary. With strength training, one can increase weights or do more sets. I can't add weight to the lyra. I can't practice longer (there's really only one practice time per day, and it's an hour). What can I do? Back to back practice days. That's what I did today. I had my private lesson yesterday. Went to practice today.

This is called french gazelle. It's still way rough. But I'll get it. It's actually a short sequence. Sink down into dragonfly. Straddle back balance. Into french gazelle. Back up into reverse lion and out. This hurts my back, but eventually my body will get used to it.


Inverted prow. I LOVE this pose. I think next practice maybe I'll try it on the higher hoop. It feels pretty solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment