Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Front Balance

I've been working hard on this. On the baby hoop. It's fun when I show my teacher, and she's wowed. She says she has some intermediate students who can't do it this well. I guess this is my "strength"? When she says everyone has their strengths and weaknesses...

Anyway, after not being able to attempt this Saturday on that super high hoop (too skert), I forced myself today with my favorite medium height hoop. It was still scary. But I kept reminding myself, it's just like the baby hoop because I can do it without touching the ground. Totally mental. This was after several tries, of course, but not a bad attempt...


Also, don't have video of this, but I made progress on my momentum swing to seated. I tried it three times. On the third try, I managed to almost sit. I felt the hoop slide across my butt. I was tired, though. I'll keep practicing this and try to get a video of me doing it, maybe. Eventually, the idea is to swing up into ball at the top of the hoop. But I'm not ready for that just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment