Sunday, August 13, 2017

Bloom V

How did I never hear about Bloom? I've been to burlesque shows. I've been to irreverent LGBT OneVoice shows. I was in roller derby for years. Lots of alternative folk. My people. But I never heard of Bloom, and this was its fifth year.

My dream is to one day perform in Bloom. As I often say lately, maybe next year. I'm not trying to diss my skills. But it takes a lot of skill to perform. Hoop. Lyra. And the mental game. I'm not ready today. But maybe next year...

There were three shows. Friday, adults only. Saturday afternoon family friendly (barf). And Saturday night, adults only. I went to the Saturday night show, obvs.

This means, I missed Satya's performance on Friday. She's my amazing teacher. I was bummed to miss it. But behold, a video. awww yisss.


I was also pleased to stumble across this video from the Saturday family friendly show. I want to get to know this woman. Is that creepy? I don't know her at all. But any woman that's not your "typical aerial size" is inspiration for me. I don't mean to insult her. I think she's lovely, both in appearance and in skill. But being a similar shape and size to her gives me hope for my future skills.


Here is my practice buddy at last year's. I've seen her post this year's performance, but it's not a linkable link. Bummer.


I know two others who performed. One on Friday night, which I would love to find. And another Lyra performance from Saturday, which I would love to watch again. When I find them, I'll post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment