Tuesday, August 15, 2017

inversions & bad moods

Really awful practice session last night. I think I'm blaming my period. I know, cliché. But I have been doing research about the effects of increased progesterone on strength performance in women. Progesterone is elevated during the luteal phase. Basically post ovulation, before menses. And it's a thing. Performance suffers during this time. And I'm smack dab in my luteal phase.

Didn't stop me from forgetting this last night. About halfway through, I wanted to quit. Until I remembered and cut myself some slack. I've been tracking my own cycle, more detailed. So that I know when this is happening. Hopefully.

I took video of inversions. Basically a starting point that I can refer back to one day, remember when I couldn't do these? But I don't know when that day will come.

Straddle

Ball (no idea why the video appears white, but it plays, I promise)


Pullover

I worked on a sequence that was short and rushed because I was just running out of strength.


This pose is pretty...the highlight of the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment