Friday, May 19, 2017

Stronger

Progress. I'm making progress. In just a short three months, I've gotten considerably stronger and braver with lyra. Yea, I get hung up a lot on straddle. But I remember when I couldn't really let go with one arm very well on poses, like delilah. When cross leg mermaid felt hella awkward. Now my side mount is super fluid, no more wild swinging and spinning. I'm sure I'm still hopping a bit, but way more is coming from strength, and that's something to be proud of.

I re-structured my practice time a bit. Hoop warmup followed by sequence work (so that I'm not too tired) then end with mounting and dismounting practice. At the very end, work on hard moves on the low hoop. It worked a lot better last night with that format. And I'm quite pleased with my sequence. It's slow but controlled. (and sorries about the awkward camera angle, it's the best my camera can do)

No comments:

Post a Comment