Friday, May 5, 2017

Private Track

My unicorn! It's almost here. I had a private lesson yesterday. I know, I was planning to wait until I mastered inverted straddle before going private. But it's a better schedule and better for me. Why the hell not?

It was magic! I loved having all the attention. I got to work on moves I wanted to, like gazelle and arrow. Also candlestick. Then she worked with me to improve on them, some transition moves, it was fun. Then at the end, worked a bit on straddle dismount. I get into position, thinking this will just be same old, same old. My legs flip back just about into correct position, and I gasped. I looked up at her, and my legs fell down. hehe. I tried it again and yep, got into position. Wow! So I tried quickly to actually mount from standing. I kicked up, didn't go so well, one foot almost braced the hoop. I tried once more, and although it wasn't pretty, I did it. My legs went back and then braced against the hoop. I've seen other students do it that way as they're learning.

I'd rather do it badly than not be able to do it at all!

So, private track is fun. Each month, I get two private lessons. And all the practice time I want during scheduled "practice times." They have a couple hours each on Monday and Thursday nights. Then I'll go to group class on Saturday. And voila! Three times per week! Not to mention, during the practice times, I can just work on what I know. Put little sequences together. I'll bring my good camera that sits on its own, the storage cubbies are right next to my favorite hoop.

I wish I had some video of last night's straddle. But soon, I'll get some. Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment