Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Momentum

Second private lesson yesterday with lyra. I enjoy private lessons. I get all the attention. Really, it's how it should be with more things in life. No one to compare myself to except what I could do before. And when I show progress, someone is excited for me.

I also stayed for an hour of practice time after. This was a bit rough, physically...two hours of lyra. But it beats sitting in traffic, since my lesson ended right during traffic.

I didn't get any video other than this. And it was her suggestion. Working on momentum, to get seated from knee cinch. I'm getting better, but I can see that I seem to be stopping the swing.


Later, we tried the swing into seated. She told me to try to look at the wall behind me, that's how big the swing should be. And I got much higher. Made a joke about name that tune, I can get to seated in two pulls. She, of course, can do it in one. Usually I can do three; if I'm tired, it takes four. I would LOVE to do it in two regularly. I don't feel as scared that I'll swing myself right out of the hoop. I may work on this a bit in my own practice time. This will help me get to seated without looking like it takes a ton of effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment