Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Turtle

Derby was a good workout last night. I found myself briefly lamenting my slowness and lack of endurance for about 5 seconds until I stopped myself. I chanted in my brain, you are doing it, you are burning calories, you are on skates, who gives a flying fuck that you have endurance for shit and are slow as a turtle. You LOVE turtles.

The pre-skates workout, I was asked to bring my hoops. I've already got one skater excited about hooping from last time. My derby first name is Roxy...I thought, what a fun hoop name would be Roxy Rolls. It applies to both skating and hooping. (hello, body rolls!) I dunno...we'll wait until I'm better before even thinking I deserve a hoop name.

Everything in my life is slow to develop. Late bloomer, as they say. Or never blooms at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment