Friday, April 22, 2016

Hoopiversary!

Not quite sure the actual first day I hooped last year...but I know when I bought my first hoop.
April 22.

I started out with a weighted fitness hoop at 2lbs, 42" diameter. And just spun around my waist in my living room while watching TV or listening to tunes. I got a fibit in May and could see how gradually the same hoop workout burned less and less calories, so I would step it up a notch. I'd turn in a circle, walk forward/backward, side step, keep my arms elevated above my head, etc.

It was in August of last year that I discovered dance with the hoop. And other core hooping, like shoulder and hip hooping. I bought my first dance hoop at 20oz, 38" diameter and got to work. Dance hoops are much lighter in weight than a fitness hoop. I wouldn't recommend using a fitness hoop for anything other than waist hooping. You might get away with hip or shoulder hooping, but you might bruise. Anything else, that hoop is just going to be too heavy.

Happy 1st Hoopiversary to me!

Here's to many more years of vastly improved skills! And with that, here are three skills I've been working on:




No comments:

Post a Comment